decoration decoration
Stories

GROKLAW
When you want to know more...
decoration
For layout only
Home
Archives
Site Map
Search
About Groklaw
Awards
Legal Research
Timelines
ApplevSamsung
ApplevSamsung p.2
ArchiveExplorer
Autozone
Bilski
Cases
Cast: Lawyers
Comes v. MS
Contracts/Documents
Courts
DRM
Gordon v MS
GPL
Grokdoc
HTML How To
IPI v RH
IV v. Google
Legal Docs
Lodsys
MS Litigations
MSvB&N
News Picks
Novell v. MS
Novell-MS Deal
ODF/OOXML
OOXML Appeals
OraclevGoogle
Patents
ProjectMonterey
Psystar
Quote Database
Red Hat v SCO
Salus Book
SCEA v Hotz
SCO Appeals
SCO Bankruptcy
SCO Financials
SCO Overview
SCO v IBM
SCO v Novell
SCO:Soup2Nuts
SCOsource
Sean Daly
Software Patents
Switch to Linux
Transcripts
Unix Books
Your contributions keep Groklaw going.
To donate to Groklaw 2.0:

Groklaw Gear

Click here to send an email to the editor of this weblog.


Contact PJ

Click here to email PJ. You won't find me on Facebook Donate Paypal


User Functions

Username:

Password:

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

No Legal Advice

The information on Groklaw is not intended to constitute legal advice. While Mark is a lawyer and he has asked other lawyers and law students to contribute articles, all of these articles are offered to help educate, not to provide specific legal advice. They are not your lawyers.

Here's Groklaw's comments policy.


What's New

STORIES
No new stories

COMMENTS last 48 hrs
No new comments


Sponsors

Hosting:
hosted by ibiblio

On servers donated to ibiblio by AMD.

Webmaster
The public is paying anyway | 397 comments | Create New Account
Comments belong to whoever posts them. Please notify us of inappropriate comments.
The public is paying anyway
Authored by: Anonymous on Monday, November 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM EST
Try following some of the work and decisions by the US FDA and EPA.

Turning the drug testing process over to a government agency would be no
guarantee of either lower costs or more accurate results.

If the FDA had full control of the testing process and used toxicity standards
similar to what the EPA uses you wouldn't be able to get aspirin or penicillin
approved today.

In the last decade the FDA forced several drugs of the market that were the most
effective treatment for potentially terminal conditions due to the discovery of
potentially lethal side effects in less than 1% of cases.

This is insanity. If I have a disease that has a 90%+ chance of killing me and
there was a treatment that had an 80% chance to cure the disease and a 20%
chance of killing me personally I would take those odds. However today's FDA
wouldn't give me the option of making that choice.

[ Reply to This | Parent | # ]

Groklaw © Copyright 2003-2013 Pamela Jones.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
Comments are owned by the individual posters.

PJ's articles are licensed under a Creative Commons License. ( Details )