Apple has already filed a notice of appeal of the denial of a permanent injunction against Samsung:
Filed & Entered: 12/20/2012
And we have more transcripts from the trial as PDFs for you, days 6-11, and we'll be working on text versions for you. If you would like to help with that, feel free to leave a comment as to which one you will work on. I'm almost done with day 6, so pick another one, please.
NOTICE OF APPEAL to the Federal Circuit as to  Order by Apple Inc.. Filing fee $ 455, receipt number 0971-7360492. Appeal Record due by 1/22/2013. (Selwyn, Mark) (Filed on 12/20/2012)
Here are the transcripts of the trial as PDFs, which I'll write about in detail as we post the text versions, day by day, but I thought you might like them as soon as we have them:
- Day 6, Aug. 10 - Apple witnesses: Hal Poret, Kent Van Liere, Ravin Balakrishnan, Karan Singh, John Hauser, Boris Teksler.
- Day 7, Aug. 13 - Apple witness: Brian Teksler. Samsung witnesses: Jun Won Lee (by videotaped deposition), Dong Hoon Chang (by video deposition), Timothy Benner (by videotaped deposition), Timothy Sheppard (by videotaped deposition), Terry Musika. (This is the day Apple rested and Samsung began putting on its case.)
- Day 8, Aug. 14 - Samsung witnesses: Clifton Forlines, Woodward Yang, Jinyeun Wang, Roger Fidler (by video deposition), Itay Sherman.
- Day 9, Aug. 15 - Samsung witnesses: Markus Paltian (by video deposition), Andre Zorn (by video deposition), Tim Arthur Williams, Jin Soo Kim, Richard Howarth, Andries Van Dam, Stephen Gray.
- Day 10, Aug. 16 - Samsung witnesses: Timothy Sheppard, Michael Wagner, Ramamirtham Sukumar, Vincent O'Brien, David Teece. Apple rebuttal witnesses: Tony Blevins, Emilie Kim, Paul Dourish, Tony Givargis, Mani Srivastava, Hyong Kim.
- Day 11, Aug. 17 - Apple rebuttal witnesses: Hyong Kim, Edward Knightly, Susan Kare, Michael Walker, Richard Donaldson, Seung-Ho Ahn (video deposition), Jun Won Lee (video deposition), Janusz Ordover, Peter Bressler, Karan Singh, Ravin Balakrishnan. Samsung's surrebuttal witnesses: David Teece, Tim Williams, Woodward Yang.
Here's the wording of the Notice of Appeal:
NOTICE IS GIVEN that Plaintiff Apple Inc. appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit from the Order Denying Motion for Permanent Injunction entered in this action on December 17, 2012 (Dkt. 2197) and from all other orders, rulings, findings, and conclusions underlying and related to that order. And here's the rest of the docket of Apple v. Samsung:
As you can see, we won't get to read the transcript of the December 6th hearing until March, so a big thank you to our reporter for attending on our behalf. Otherwise, we'd be very much in the dark.
12/18/2012 - 2199 -
ORDER GRANTING JOINT STIPULATION FOR BRIEFING SCHEDULE ON SAMSUNG
ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.'S EX PARTE APPLICATION FOR AN ORDER PURSUANT TO
28 U.S.C. § 1782 GRANTING LEAVE TO OBTAIN DISCOVERY FOR USE IN FOREIGN
PROCEEDINGS by Judge Paul S. Grewal, granting 2196 Stipulation. (ofr,
COURT STAFF) (Filed on 12/18/2012) (Entered: 12/18/2012)
12/18/2012 - 2200 - Transcript of Proceedings held on 12-06-12, before
Judge Lucy H. Koh. Court Reporter/Transcriber Lee-Anne Shortridge,
Telephone number 408-287-4580. Per General Order No. 59 and Judicial
Conference policy, this transcript may be viewed only at the Clerks
Office public terminal or may be purchased through the Court
Reporter/Transcriber until the deadline for the Release of Transcript
Restriction.After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Any
Notice of Intent to Request Redaction, if required, is due no later
than 5 business days from date of this filing. Release of Transcript
Restriction set for 3/18/2013. (las, ) (Filed on 12/18/2012) (Entered:
12/18/2012 - 2201 -
MOTION to Stay re 2190 Order on Administrative Motion to File Under
Seal, Samsung's Motion to Stay the Effect of Portions of the Court's
December 10 Order Granting in Part and Denying in Part Motions to File
Under Seal (Dkt. No. 2190) filed by Samsung Electronics America,
Inc.(a New York corporation), Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Samsung
Telecommunications America, LLC. Responses due by 1/2/2013.
(Attachments: # 1 Declaration of
Jon Steiger in Support of Samsung's Motion to Stay, # 2 Exhibit
1 to the Steiger Declaration, # 3 Proposed
Order Granting Samsung's Motion to Stay)(Maroulis, Victoria)
(Filed on 12/18/2012) (Entered: 12/18/2012)